Citrus flavor from the oranges and heat from the chipotle chile peppers combine into one amazing sauce that sets these ribs apart from any other recipe you have tried before.
- 3 medium juice orange, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. crushed oregano
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 8 lb. pork loin baby back ribs
- 1 (32 oz.) bottle Schnucks ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo
- Prepare Ribs: Into small bowl, grate 1-1/2 teaspoons peel from 1 orange; refrigerate orange to use later. Stir in garlic, sugar, oregano, dry mustard, salt, chili powder, pepper and allspice until well combined. Peel skin from bone side of each rib slab. Place rib slabs on rimmed baking pans. Coat meat side of ribs with rub; cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare Chipotle BBQ Sauce: Into small saucepot, squeeze 1 cup juice from oranges (including reserved orange). With whisk, stir in remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes.
- Prepare outdoor grill for indirect grilling over medium heat. Place ribs on grill rack; cover and cook 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until ribs are tender and meat easily pulls away from bone, turning every 20 minutes. Brush ribs generously with 2 cups BBQ sauce during last 20 minutes of cooking. Serve ribs with remaining BBQ sauce.
943 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 21G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.