This recipe is another take on chicken and waffles that keeps the southern style, but instead of chicken uses pulled pork, BBQ sauce and topped with tangy coleslaw.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey (or sugar)
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 (14 oz.) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks baking soda
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 lbs. pulled pork
- 1/2 cup Schnucks BBQ sauce
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk together first 7 ingredients. Add apple and coleslaw and toss until coated.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk together butter, buttermilk and egg. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Fill waffle iron with batter and cook until crispy and golden brown. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Warm pork and toss in barbecue sauce. To serve, top waffles with pork and slaw.
No waffle iron? No problem!
Our waffle batter can also be made into pancakes. Just pour batter into a greased skillet over medium-low heat and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook 1-2 more minutes.
1100 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 20G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.