Beef shoulder roast coated with chipotle and simmered with tomatoes and chiles until tender. Serve Smoky Chipotle Pot Roast with Cornbread for a delicious hearty meal.
Photo courtesy of Beefitswhatsfordinner.com
- 1 (2 1/2 - 3 lb.) Certified Angus Beef ® boneless chuck blade roast or boneless chuck arm roast
- 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- prepared cornbread or corn muffins
- Press chili powder evenly onto all surfaces of roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return liquid to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups.
- Carve roast into thin slices; top with sauce. Serve with cornbread.
One tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce may be substituted for chipotle chili powder. Rub peppers evenly onto all surfaces of roast as step 1.
322 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G