These smoky BBQ pork sandwiches are tangy and tender!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lb. bone-in pork shoulder picnic roast, fat trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle lager beer
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 10 onion buns
- 10 slices smoked Gouda cheese, optional
- In small bowl, combine garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, coriander, cayenne and black pepper. Place pork and seasonings into slow-cooker bowl; stir to mix well. Add onions and pour in beer, making sure onions are submerged in liquid. Cover and cook on high 7-8 hours or until pork shreds easily.
- Transfer pork to large bowl. With slotted spoon, remove onions to bowl with pork. With 2 forks, shred pork. Remove and discard all but 1/2 cup liquid remaining in slow-cooker bowl. Return pork and onions to slow cooker; stir in barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Serve on onion buns with cheese, if desired.
465 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.