A California specialty, this recipe for smoked and grilled Santa Maria tri-tip roast is sure to impress your guests. You can’t beat tender, juicy beef with bold, smoky flavor.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb.) Certified Angus Beef ® brand sirloin cap (Coulotte) roast
- 4 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar (coarse, if possible)
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Combine salt, pepper, granulated honey, garlic and onion powder.
- Evenly rub roast with rub. Cover tightly in plastic wrap or zipper-locking plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, overnight for more intense flavor.
- Set up wood smoker to 225°F and smoke roast approximately 90 minutes to reach an internal temperature of 120°F.
- Grill roast over high heat on each side to develop a dark crust, reaching an internal temperature of 130-135°F. Remove roast, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
380 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G