Slow cooked and full of flavor. Try this recipe for dinner tonight!
- 1/4 cup Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 4 1/2 cups skinless, pre-cooked turkey meat
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) Schnucks tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) Schnucks great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) Schnucks hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups red, green and/or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 6 cups less-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese and Schnucks sour cream, for garnish
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook 5-7 minutes or until browned, breaking up turkey with side of spoon. Stir in chili powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in garlic, jalapeños, leftover turkey, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and cilantro.
- Stir in beans, onions, bell peppers and stock; heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook chili 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chili to slow cooker; cover and cook on high 5-6 hours. To serve, top chili with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
377 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G