Our Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork is sweet enough to be a family favorite, and spicy enough to be a classic.
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco® sauce plus additional for more heat, if desired
- 11½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 whole (unsliced) Pride of the Farm pork butt (about 8 pounds), trimmed if desired
- In 6- to 8-quart slow-cooker bowl, stir all ingredients except for pork until well combined. Add pork and turn to coat in sauce. Place pork, fat side up, in slow-cooker bowl. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 9 to 10 hours or on high 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until pork is very tender. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Transfer pork to large bowl. Trim off and discard desired amount of fat. Remove bone. With 2 forks, shred pork. Skim off and discard any fat in slow-cooker bowl. Return pulled pork to sauce; stir to combine. If desired, stir in additional Tabasco. Makes about 12 cups pork.
522 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 28G