Put a new spin on chicken, and save time, too!
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks lemon pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 (4- to 5-1/2-pound) fresh whole chicken, giblets removed, if necessary
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces, divided
- 1 small onion
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2 tsp. Schnucks dried thyme, divided
- In cup, with fork, stir butter and 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Slide 2 fingers under skin on each side of the chicken breast to make 2 pockets, being careful not to tear skin. Place 1 tablespoon butter mixture under skin in each pocket. Press skin down to spread and flatten butter mixture under skin. Spread remaining butter mixture over top of chicken.
- In bottom of 6-quart slow cooker, place about three-fourths of the carrots, onion, lemon wedges and garlic cloves. Stuff remaining one-fourth vegetables inside chicken cavity. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon thyme inside chicken cavity and remaining 1 teaspoon each thyme and lemon pepper over top of chicken.
- With small piece of kitchen twine, tie legs of chicken together; place whole chicken over vegetables in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours or until juices run clear and internal temperature in the thickest part of thigh reaches 165°F. Transfer chicken to cutting board or serving platter for carving and serve with vegetables.
360 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.