The traditional way of making Hawaiian Kalua includes digging a hole in the ground. This recipe just requires a slow-cooker.
- 1 (4 lb.) pork shoulder roast
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 cup Schnucks apple juice or water
- Pierce pork all over with a fork and place into a large slow cooker. Rub all over with salt and liquid smoke. Pour juice (or water) into bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8–12 hours or until pork is tender.
- Let pork cool slightly then carefully shred using two forks. Serve warm.
369 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G