Spice up your life with this slow cooker recipe.
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. Tabasco® sauce
- 11½ salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 whole (unsliced) Pride of the Farm pork butt (about 8 pounds), trimmed if desired
- In 6- to 8-quart slow-cooker bowl, stir all ingredients except for pork until well combined. Add pork and turn to coat in sauce. Place pork, fat side up, in slow-cooker bowl. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 9 to 10 hours or on high 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until pork is very tender. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Transfer pork to large bowl. Trim off and discard desired amount of fat. Remove bone. With 2 forks, shred pork. Skim off and discard any fat in slow-cooker bowl. Return pulled pork to sauce; stir to combine. If desired, stir in additional Tabasco. Makes about 12 cups pork.
522 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 28G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.