Bottom round roast is seasoned, seared, and simmered to mouth-watering perfection with this easy Slow Cooker Carne Picada recipe.
- 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round roast, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2-3 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chili
- Pat cubed bottom round roast dry with paper towels. Combine flour, chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan. Sear cubes over medium-high heat in batches until browned.
- Stir in reserved flour blend and tomatoes.
- Transfer beef and tomato mixture to slow cooker. Cook the carne picada for 3 hours on high.
- Serve over rice, in tacos or burritos.
220 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2.5G