Slow Cooker Tikka Masala is an easy comfort food recipe for tender beef tips in a rich and creamy, deeply spiced curry sauce. Serve it over rice for a soul-warming and hearty dinner.
- 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round flat, 1/2-inch diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (5.3 oz. container) plain Greek yogurt
- With paper towels, pat bottom round dices dry. Combine flour, curry, salt, pepper, turmeric and coriander; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan. Sear diced beef over medium-high heat in batches until browned; transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onions and reserved spiced flour to pan and stir. Add tomatoes and mix; transfer to slow cooker. Cook 5-6 hours on low.
- Stir in yogurt prior to serving. Serve with prepared rice and naan if desired.
260 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.