Lean bottom round roast slowly cooked with Italian seasonings and tomatoes until it is meltingly tender. Serve Slow Cooker Beef Italiano over pasta for a deliciously hearty meal.
- 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round roast, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- With paper towels, pat bottom round roast cubes dry. Combine flour, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan. Sear roast cubes over medium-high heat in batches, until browned.
- Stir in reserved flour blend, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Transfer roast cubes and tomato mixture to slow cooker. Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Serve with cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, and Italian parsley
240 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2.5G