Get into the Oktoberfest spirit by sautéing rich fall flavors into fresh and juicy brats.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 8 Schnucks bratwursts
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks brown sugar
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle dark beer
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp. spicy mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add brats and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions, garlic powder, brown sugar and apples to pan and sauté until softened and caramelized, 12-15 minutes.
- Whisk in beer, broth and mustard, then return brats to skillet with thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until brats are cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 15 minutes. Serve atop mashed potatoes, sautéed sauerkraut or roasted vegetables.
Handmade by our butchers
Our brats are made fresh in store using tasty, time-tested recipes.
350 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G