Warm up with this gumbo recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 lb. Schnucks Smokehouse pork smoked sausage, each link cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4" thick pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 2 cups Texmati® white long grain basmati rice
- 5 1/4 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can Schnucks diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Louisiana-style Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb. raw, peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. frozen okra
- 1 1/2 tsp. gumbo filé seasoning
- Heat heavy saucepot over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and oil and cook 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add broth, tomatoes with their juice and Cajun seasoning; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Increase heat to medium; stir in shrimp, okra and filé seasoning and cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and okra is heated through. Makes about 12 cups.
413 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G