For a quick and easy meal, Shrimp Scampi has you covered.
- 2 bags boil-in-bag long grain rice
- 2 small lemons
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 1/4 lb. raw peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed, thawed if necessary
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Prepare rice as label directs. From lemons, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until soft, stirring frequently. Add shrimp; cook 1 to 2 minutes, turning to cook evenly or just until pink and opaque. Sprinkle in salt, pepper and lemon peel. Add wine and lemon juice; cook 1 minute or until internal temperature of shrimp reaches 145°F and sauce thickens. Add butter; stir until melted. Sprinkle basil and parsley over shrimp; serve over rice.
467 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G