This Shrimp and Egg Drop Soup recipe is a match made in heaven! Not only is it delicious, but it’s quick and easy too!
- 8 Schnucks raw peeled & rinsed shrimp
- 1 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 tsp. minced garlic, divided
- 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/8 tsp. Schnucks sugar
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Spear 2 shrimps per skewer.
- In a medium pot, heat canola and remaining sesame oil over medium-high. Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic and cook 3–5 minutes, stirring often. Add spinach, sugar, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Stir for 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- Add chicken stock and turmeric; bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until dissolved. Stirring soup continuously, add cornstarch slurry slowly but steadily.
- Bring soup back to simmer and cook 2–3 minutes or until soup noticeably starts to thicken. Using a ladle, stir soup in a circular motion and slowly drizzle eggs in.
- Preheat oven to broil on high. Prepare a broiling pan with nonstick spray and arrange shrimp skewers in single layer. Broil 3–5 minutes, until shrimp turns pink. Top with sliced green onions; serve with soup immediately.
248 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.