This recipe is shrimp-ly the best.
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks basmati rice or long grain white rice
- 2 jars Schnucks mild chunky salsa
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 lb. raw wild gulf shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Prepare rice as label directs. Meanwhile, in blender or food processor with knife blade attached, purée salsa and chipotle peppers 30 seconds or until smooth, scraping sides of blender occasionally with rubber spatula.
- In nonstick 12" skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute. Add salsa mixture and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temperature of 145°F, stirring occasionally. Makes about 8 cups.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup rice into each of 6 shallow soup bowls; ladle about 1⅓ cups shrimp mixture over rice and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
285 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.