This recipe is shrimply the best.
- 12 Schnucks large eggs
- 1 cup cooked salad shrimp, thawed and divided
- 1/3 cup Schnucks real mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. Schnucks ground cayenne pepper
- Toppings: sliced red bell pepper, chopped fresh parsley leaves, drained capers (optional)
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. Add enough water to cover. Heat water to boiling over medium-high heat. Immediately remove saucepan from heat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain immediately, then place in large bowl filled with cold water; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 2/3 cup shrimp.
- Peel eggs; cut each egg lengthwise in half. Carefully remove yolks and place in medium bowl; place egg white halves on serving platter. With fork, mash yolks until smooth; stir in mayonnaise, chives, relish, mustard, garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper and chopped shrimp until well combined. Evenly spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day before serving. Top deviled eggs with remaining shrimp and toppings, if desired, just before serving.
Use low-fat yogurt in place of mayonnaise to cut down on calories and fat. For a timesaver, use refrigerated hard-cooked peeled eggs. To easily fill eggs, transfer yolk mixture to large zip-tight plastic bag with bottom corner snipped off. Gently squeeze bag to fill egg white halves with yolk mixture.
66 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G