Add a Schnucks spin to this classic meat pie dish.
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 tbsp. Schnucks all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks tomato paste
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 1 pkg. sliced white mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups Schnucks frozen peas and carrots
- 2 2/3 cups unprepared Idahoan original instant mashed potatoes to serve 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 13x9" metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In nonstick 12" skillet, add beef and garlic and cook over medium-high heat 7-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up meat with side of spoon. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour, tomato paste, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; stir in 1 cup broth. Cook until mixture is heated through. Spread beef mixture evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms, onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms and onion are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in frozen peas and carrots and remaining 3/4 cup broth and 2 tablespoons flour; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Spread vegetable mixture evenly over beef mixture.
- In same skillet, prepare potatoes as label directs. Dollop potatoes over vegetable mixture, then spread evenly. Bake 20-25 minutes or until sides begin to bubble. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
405 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.