Capture all of the flavors from maple syrup, pecans, apples, cranberries and brown butter when you prepare salmon and Brussels sprouts all together on one sheet-pan!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lb. skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place Brussels sprouts toward the outer edges of a large, greased sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Then, place salmon in the middle of the pan. Season everything with salt and black pepper. Roast 15 to 18 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Add the pecans to the pan for the last 3 minutes of roasting time.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until frothy. Add apple and cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 6 minutes, or until softened. Stir in cranberries, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice; remove from heat and set aside.
- Then, in a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Drizzle over cooked Brussels sprouts and pecans; toss to coat.
- Top salmon with cran-apple brown butter and serve along-side Brussels sprouts.
542 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G