Enjoy this Good For You kale salad topped with roasted chicken, butternut squash and dressed with a sweet and tangy dressing made with lemon juice, maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
- 4 garlic cloves, divided, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 7 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 6 Schnucks chicken thighs, patted dry
- 4 cups frozen butternut squash
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Culinaria maple syrup
- 2 (12 oz.) bags shredded kale
- In the oven, place rack in upper third portion, preheat to 425 degrees. In a large bowl add 2 tablespoons olive oil, zest of lemon, garlic and chicken thighs, toss to coat; set aside. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- On a greased sheet pan, place diced squash and cheese on one half; top with remaining garlic and 1 tablespoon oil. Add cumin and salt if desired, stir to combine; arrange in a single layer.
- To the remaining half of pan, place shallot slices in six even piles and top each with a chicken thigh. Roast until chicken is cooked through and squash is tender, about 35 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl whisk lemon juice, syrup and mustard until combined. Whisking constantly, gradually add remaining 4 tablespoons of oil. Add kale and toss to combine, season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Set oven to broil on high; cook squash and chicken until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove chicken, rest for 5 minutes. On a cutting board, debone and slice into 1/2 inch strips. Combine sliced chicken, squash and paneer cheese to salad; toss to combine. Season with pepper if desired, serve immediately.
746 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 20G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.