Prep this healthy meal in advance to enjoy for lunch all week long.
- 1 3/4 cups Silk unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion, divided
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 5 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 5 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp. minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flake coconut
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, rice, 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, add chicken, egg, panko, cilantro, 1/4 cup green onion, ginger, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon garlic and cayenne pepper; mix until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 18 equally sized meatballs and arrange on a foil-lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine broccoli, 2 tablespoons sesame oil and 2 tablespoons rice vinegar; toss to coat.
- Remove meatballs from oven and carefully flip, transferring to one side of the pan. Arrange broccoli on the other side and return to oven. Bake 8–10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, whisk together 4 tablespoons soy sauce and cornstarch until combined. Add 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, honey and 1 teaspoon garlic. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Simmer 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in 1/4 cup green onion and coconut. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- To serve, top rice with meatballs and broccoli, drizzle with soy sauce glaze and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
524 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G