For quick meal ideas, Seared Scallops with Parmesan Green Peas tops the list. It has less than 350 calories and is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 strips bacon, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs. sea scallops
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook 2–3 minutes or until bright green. Set aside 3/4 cup of the peas.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining 1 3/4 cup peas, the basil, shallot, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4-1/2 cup water. Cover and blend until nearly smooth. Pour into a bowl and stir in reserved peas.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat 4–6 minutes or until the fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Return pan with reserved fat to stove over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add scallops and cook 1–2 minutes per side or until crisp and opaque.
- Divide the pea mixture among 4 plates and evenly top with bacon, scallops and remaining Parmesan cheese.
324 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.