Guinness and brown sugar come together to create a delicious glaze for your Easter ham!
- 3 cups (24 oz.) Guinness Draught
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 (6 1/2 lb.) Schnucks spiral sliced ham
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; move rack to lowest position. In a heatproof, high-sided skillet, stir together Guinness, brown sugar, lemon zest, black pepper and allspice.
- Brush ham all over with mustard; add to skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes, turning ham occasionally.
- Transfer skillet to oven; roast until ham reaches an internal temperature of 110 degrees, 1 - 1 1/2 hours, turning ham every 20 minutes.
- Continue roasting—without turning—until ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, 30 minutes to 1 hour, basting with beer mixture every 10 minutes. Transfer ham to serving platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Return skillet with remaining beer mixture to range over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and reduced to roughly 1 cup, about 5 minutes. Brush ham with about a quarter of beer mixture. Serve remaining glaze alongside ham.
297 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.