Crispy pork chops with warm spiced apples to give you all the fall vibes.
- 2 apples, cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless pork chops
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Schnucks canola oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound boneless pork chops until they are 1/4 inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs. In a third dish, combine panko breadcrumbs and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large high-sided skillet, heat 1/2 inch Schnucks canola oil over medium-high heat. Coat pork in flour mixture, then eggs, then panko mixture. Working in batches (do not overcrowd), fry 6 minutes or until deep golden brown, turning once halfway through.
- In a medium skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apple wedges, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook 5–6 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Serve pork topped with apple mixture and, if desired, chopped fresh parsley.
Cheap Eats Your Way!
Swap pork chops for two eggplants, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch planks. Salt generously on both sides and transfer to paper towels; let sit 30 minutes. Pat dry. Bread and fry as directed.
663 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G