Breakfast for dinner, but make it savory! Anything bacon can do, sausage can do better.
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 8 Johnsonville Original Sausage Strips
- 1 1/4 cups jarred hollandaise sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) white crab, drained
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 4 slices crusty multigrain bread
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Poach or fry four of the eggs and prepare sausage strips according to package.
- In a small saucepan heat hollandaise, crab and parsley over low heat until warmed through. Cover to keep warm.
- In a shallow dish whisk together remaining two eggs, milk, garlic and ground mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Place slices of bread in the egg mixture and let stand for 1 minute, turning once halfway through.
- In a large skillet or griddle, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add soaked bread and cook 3–4 minutes or until browned and crispy, turning once halfway through.
- To serve, divide French toast among four plates; evenly top with cooked sausage strips, prepared eggs, arugula and onion. Drizzle with crab hollandaise sauce.
633 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 14G
CHOLESTEROL: 551 MG
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.