Who doesn’t love some savory goodness? This Collard Greens recipe is the perfect way to add some flavor and healthy greens to your meal.
- 2 (14 oz.) pkgs. PictSweet Farms Frozen Chopped Collard Greens
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, sliced
- 1 tsp. Schnucks ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- In a large pot, bring water to boil over high heat. Add frozen collards and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain well in colander.
- In a large frying pan, add oil and onion over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomato and jalapeño, cooking an additional 5 minutes.
- Add collards to pan, cover and cook 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in spices, re-cover and cook about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
127 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.