Nutritious vegan dishes don’t have to be expensive! Not only do we offer Great Low Prices on its ingredients, but since this hearty meal is made exclusively with shelf-stable foods, you can save by stocking up on value-sized packages during sales! Plus, any leftover ingredients will stay fresh for future use.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup Schnucks vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Schnucks chunky peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- sliced green onion, to serve (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange potatoes on a foil-lined sheet pan. Bake 40–60 minutes or until tender.
- On a separate rimmed sheet pan, spread chickpeas into a single layer; toss with cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Roast 20–30 minutes or until browned and crispy, shaking pan every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with paprika. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, heat remaining oil over medium. Add onion and sauté until beginning to caramelize, 5–8 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar and crushed red pepper, bring to boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise. Push ends toward each other to loosen flesh; gently fluff with a fork. Serve topped with the peanut sauce, roasted chickpeas and sliced green onion (if using).
575 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.