Crush the cookie swap this year with these salted caramel thumbprint cookies.
- 3 cups Schnucks flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Schnucks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Schnucks egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- caramel candies, for filling
- heavy cream, for filling
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, to make chocolate cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa power, if desired. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth. With mixer still running, add egg and vanilla, then gradually blend in flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-sized balls and place onto ungreased cookies sheets. Make indentations by pressing thumb into center of each dough ball. Add to oven and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using the back of a round measuring teaspoon, immediately re-form indentations in each cookies.
- Place soft caramel candies into a microwave-safe bowl. Add a splash of heavy cream and microwave on high for one minute. Stir caramel mixture and continue to microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each until caramels have melted into a smooth consistency. Fill indentations of cookies with caramel sauce and top with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for an additional three minutes. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a baking rack. Allow to cool before serving.
Short on time? Skip the first two steps and swap in Schnucks Sugar Ready-to-Bake Cooke Dough!
217 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.