These salmon cakes use canned salmon and frozen sweet potatoes to make prep easy and keep costs down!
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. PictSweet Farms frozen mashed sweet potatoes, prepared according to instructions
- 1 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 (5 oz.) cans skinless, boneless pink salmon, drained
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest, divided
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus more to serve
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- lemon wedges, to serve (if desired)
- In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, breadcrumbs, pink salmon, peas, egg and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Form into 12 patties and refrigerate 1 hour. In a small bowl combine yogurt, dill, parsley and remaining lemon zest; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season salmon patties with salt and pepper, if desired; add to pan and cook 5–6 minutes or until golden and cooked through, turning once halfway through.
- Serve patties topped with herb yogurt, more parsley and lemon wedges, if using.
329 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.