Arugula adds a peppery flavor to this frittata that pairs well with the herby pesto and salmon. Adding salmon is a great way to boost the nutrition profile of this dish!
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper, if desired
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 (8.2) oz. pkg. Gorton’s Simply Bake Salmon Filets, cooked and flaked
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- In a food processor or blender, make pesto by combining spinach, basil, parsley, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons olive oil, pine nuts, lemon juice and garlic; pulse until almost smooth. Season with salt, if desired. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk and 1/3 cup prepared pesto. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and crushed red pepper (if using); sauté until onion begins to soften, 2–3 minutes. Add arugula and continue to cook until wilted, stirring occasionally, 1–2 more minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook, stirring gently until eggs are partially set, 2–3 minutes. Add salmon and goat cheese; stir until combined.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until center is set, 15-20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Cut into six equal portions and drizzle with remaining pesto, serve immediately.
313 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.