Skip getting takeout tonight and try this salmon fried rice you can make in the comfort of your own home!
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb. skinless wild salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 cups cold cooked brown rice (or 1 (8.8 oz.) pouch Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain Brown Ready Rice)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve (if desired)
- sriracha sauce, to serve (if desired)
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add salmon and cook 10–12 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork, turning once halfway through. Remove from skillet and flake into 1-inch pieces.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining vegetable oil over medium-high. Add peas, green onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, 4–5 minutes or until peas are tender. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2–3 minutes or until slightly golden and toasted.
- Push mixture to one side of the pan and add eggs to the other side. Cook egg, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until scrambled.
- Pour soy sauce and sesame oil over top; stir together all ingredients in pan. Add salmon back to pan and toss gently to heat through. Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds and sriracha, if desired.
440 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3.5G