A single egg provides high-quality protein, healthy fats, antioxidants and other vitamins and minerals to keep our bodies in tip-top shape. The versatility of eggs make these nutrition powerhouses an easy go-to food to include in a well-balanced diet.
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 cups bitter mixed salad greens, such as arugula, baby kale and/or frisée
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 soft or hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3–5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 5–7 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender. Add garlic and thyme; stir about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in remaining oil, vinegar and lemon juice and continue cooking for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Arrange greens on serving plates. Top with mushroom mixture, avocado, eggs, cheese and more black pepper, if desired.
340 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.