This recipe is pizza-perfect.
- 1 pre-made pizza dough ball
- 1 can peeled whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- fresh basil, to taste
- fresh oregano, to taste
- Set a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 475°F.
- Break tomatoes into chunks with your fingers or pulse them lightly in a food processor or blender until chunky. Stir in oregano, salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12" circle. Transfer the dough to a pizza pan or stone. Bake crust for 6 minutes.
- Evenly spread about 1/2 cup of the chunky tomato sauce over the dough. Leave a 1/2" border around the edge of the dough. Lay mozzarella slices evenly over the pizza. Top cheese with red onion slices and salt. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Slide the pizza onto the pizza stone and bake until cheese is melted and the crust is cooked through and browned, about 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh basil, cut into slices and serve immediately.
393 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.