This lightened-up version of a classic spaghetti is full of veggies and bursting with flavor!
- 1 1/2 lb. mixed bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 8 oz. whole-grain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- shaved Parmesan, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano; toss to coat. Roast 30 minutes, or until peppers are tender, tossing once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Transfer roasted pepper mixture to a large skillet over medium heat. Using a potato masher, gently smash until desired consistency. Add reserved pasta water and mix until incorporated. Add pasta and parsley; toss to combine. Cook 1 minute, tossing frequently.
- To serve, garnish with shaved parmesan and additional parsley, if desired.
332 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.