Enjoy this all-in-one Dietitian Pick recipe including roasted chicken, broccoli and baby potatoes.
- 4 lb. whole chicken, halved
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 4 medium garlic heads, divided
- 2 cups olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 1/3 cup stone ground Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- 4 shallots, halved
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 (12 oz.) pkgs. broccoli florets
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced fresno chiles
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- In a small bowl combine salt and minced garlic. Rub all over chicken and brine for 30 minutes in refrigerator on a small baking sheet. Remove from refrigerator, pat chicken dry and refrigerate for 30 minutes more, uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim the top 1/2 of each garlic head and place on an aluminum lined, large baking sheet. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of oil over each head; wrap tightly with foil. Roast until cloves are tender, about 30–40 minutes.
- Into a medium bowl, squeeze cloves from 3 roasted garlic heads; discard skins. With a fork, mash garlic cloves and add 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 of lemon juice, mustard and thyme; whisk for 2–3 minutes until combined. Rub mixture on chicken and place in bowl, skin side up. Season with pepper if desired and return to refrigerator for up to 30 minutes.
- Move rack to lower third portion of oven; preheat to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, shallots, rosemary, broccoli, crushed red pepper and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- In an oven-safe pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken, skin side down; sauté until browned, 6–10 minutes. Flip and transfer to a plate. Add potato and broccoli mixture to pan; lay chicken pieces on top, skin side up. Roast for 10 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees; roast until chicken registers 165 degrees, about 20–30 minutes.
- For dressing; in a medium bowl, combine sliced chiles, lemon zest, basil, parsley, red wine vinegar and remaining roasted garlic cloves. Add remaining olive oil and whisk to combine, about 1–2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired, set aside.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle with remaining lemon juice, let sit for 10 minutes. Serve with chile-basil dressing and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
804 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 12G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.