These aren’t your usual shredded carrots on a salad. These spiced and baked carrots are the star of the show!
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. carrots, halved crosswise and sliced lengthwise into strips
- 1/4 cup Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks honey
- 4 cups mixed tender greens, such as arugula, spinach and/or spring mix
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup Easy Pickled Red Onion (see recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Schnucks chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, make a spice mixture by combining cumin, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Toss carrots with 2 tablespoons olive oil and half of the spice mixture. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast 20–25 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning once halfway through. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, honey, remaining olive oil and remaining spice mixture.
- Arrange salad greens on a large platter. Top with roasted carrots, pickled red onion, avocado, feta, walnuts, cranberries and prepared dressing.
323 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G