This Roasted Butternut Squash Soup delivers a smooth texture and comforting flavor that’s sure to warm you up from the inside out.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Schnucks ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground nutmeg
- 4 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Schnucks heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Halve the squash lengthwise and remove the seeds. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the cut side of the squash and place face-down on the pan. Roast for 45 minutes, until squash is soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add remaining olive oil, onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Scoop flesh from squash and add to the pot with ginger, nutmeg, broth and 1/3 cup of cream. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or in batches with a stand-up blender. Divide between four bowls, drizzle with remaining cream and sprinkle with pepitas.
348 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.