If you love classic lasagna, you’re going to love this veggie-focused variation made with butternut squash and, of course, lots of cheese!
- 3 (9 oz.) pkgs. Pictsweet Steam’Ables butternut squash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 3 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded Parmesan, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Schnucks Italian six cheese blend, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 lb. whole grain lasagna, cooked according to package instructions
- 5 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange frozen squash on sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle with oil and top with nutmeg. Roast 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, white pepper and sage; stir for 1–2 minutes. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly for about 1 minute or until mixture is bubbling. Slowly stir in milk until combined, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Bring sauce to a low boil, whisking slowly and constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 3–4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; add 3/4 cup Parmesan, whisking until smooth for about 1 minute.
- In a food processor combine sauce and cooked squash; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- In a medium bowl; mix together lemon zest, ricotta cheese, salt, egg, parsley, 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1/2 cup Italian cheese mix. To a 9x13 baking dish, spread 1/4 cup sauce. Place a single layer of cooked lasagna lengthwise over sauce and spread 1/3 of ricotta filling over lasagna. Add a thin layer of spinach leaves, top with additional 1/4 cup of sauce. Repeat three times more; top with remaining sauce, Parmesan and Italian cheese mix. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Rest at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes; slice and serve.
616 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 15G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.