Hearty and delicious, this one-pot pasta recipe is sure to please the family.
- 1 tsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey sausage
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 oz.) box penne pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. ricotta
- dried or chopped fresh basil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes, then add turkey and brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Add penne and 1 cup water to skillet. Return to a simmer and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Fold in mozzarella and top with dollops of ricotta. Cover with foil and bake until pasta is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil until cheese has browned, 2-3 minutes. Top with basil.
850 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G