Enjoy these bite-sized snacks loaded with creamy ricotta cheese and crisp shredded Brussel sprouts, topped with a hint of spice. This simple snack is quick to prepare and easy to keep around the house this holiday season.
- 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. sliced fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 small lemon
- crushed red pepper, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove crusts from bread and cut each slice diagonally into 4 wedges. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with Schnucks olive oil.
- Bake until crisp and browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together ricotta cheese, Schnucks grated Parmesan cheese, sliced fresh chives and garlic powder.
- In a separate medium bowl combine shredded Brussels sprouts with the zest and juice of lemon.
- Spread cheese mixture onto toasted bread and top with dressed Brussels sprouts. Season with crushed red pepper and serve immediately.
Snack's Around the House
Build toasts at a moment's notice by refrigerating prepared ricotta mixture and shredded Brussels sprouts up to three days.
170 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.