A little spicy with hints of coconut, this rice and beans recipe has a tropical feel and is best served with chicken.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Schnucks chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. dried cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, warm canola oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk, rice, thyme, paprika, Old Bay and cayenne to pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Stir in beans, cover and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
202 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.