Bottom round roast cooked with herb roasted root vegetables then reverse seared for maximum flavor. Make this easy comforting meal to deliciously satisfy your family.
- 1 (4.5 lb) Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round or rump roast
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh minced rosemary
- 2 tsp. fresh minced sage leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh minced thyme
- 2 tsp. granulated onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 red potatoes, cut into sixths
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Combine salt, pepper, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, granulated onion and olive oil in a mixing bowl and whisk to incorporate. Coat bottom round roast with half of the herbed oil.
- Combine parsnips, potatoes, carrots and onion in a mixing bowl and toss with 2-3 tablespoons herb oil. Cover bottom of roasting pan with vegetable mix. Coat roast with remaining herb oil and lay roast atop vegetables.
- Roast for 2 hours uncovered (or until roast reaches 110°F internally). Remove from oven and tent with foil. Increase oven temperature to 500°F.
- Remove foil and return pan to oven when it reaches 500°F, roast 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125°F for medium rare. Remove from oven and tent with foil, let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice roast thinly against the grain and serve with roasted root vegetables.
650 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.