Nothing says comfort like a warm tuna casserole. This one uses quinoa which is full of protein and antioxidants!
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Full Circle frozen green beans
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (5 oz.) cans white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- chopped parsley, to serve
- paprika, to serve
- Add green beans, broth and quinoa to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15–20 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Remove from pan.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Add milk and garlic powder; continue to cook, whisking frequently, 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine panko, 1/2 cup cheese and the oil. To a large greased baking dish add quinoa mixture, sauce, tuna and remaining cheese. Stir to combine and top with panko mixture. Bake 20–25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.
506 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G