It’s encouraged to start your day with cookies when it’s these power-packed breakfast cookies!
- 1 3/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ground nutmeg, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add quinoa, pumpkin, egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and vegetable oil. Stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the quinoa mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Place 1/4-cup-sized balls of dough on prepared cookie sheet and lightly flatten with the back of a fork.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To serve, top with ground nutmeg, if desired.
137 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0.5G