Packed with fall flavors of apple and pumpkin, this rich and hearty chili is perfect for a cool autumn day.
- 1 lb. 93/7 ground beef, coarsely ground by butcher
- 1 (14.4 oz.) bag frozen pepper and onion strips, coarsely chopped
- 2 diced green apples
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (15 oz.) can Full Circle fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Full Circle garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle hard apple cider
- 2 cups Schnucks low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Schnucks chili seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried sage or 2 tsp. fresh sage, minced, plus more to garnish
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Schnucks sour cream, to serve
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown beef then add pepper and onion strips, apples and sweet potatoes. Sauté until vegetables have softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft, 30-40 minutes. To serve, top with sour cream and sage.
Ask Your Butcher
Ask for your lean ground beef to be coarsely ground.
360 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G