Add pesto to this pasta and presto! You have a delicious dinner.
- 8 oz Schnucks whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a blender or food processor, process avocado, spinach, basil, garlic and olive oil to create a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta has finished cooking, toss in sauce until evenly coated. Top with tomato, onion and sliced almonds. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
381 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G