Enjoy some traditional Mexican cuisine with this filling and flavorful Pork Tamale recipe!
- 2 cups cooked pork roast, shredded
- 1 can (10 oz.) red enchilada sauce, divided
- 20 dried corn husks
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Masa Harina corn flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup safflower or vegetable oil
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- In a medium bowl, combine pork and 1/2 can of enchilada sauce. Cover and set aside.
- Fill large bowl with warm water and soak corn husks at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together masa, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Whisk in oil before, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time until mixture resembles peanut butter.
- Remove husks from water and pat dry. On smooth side of husk, evenly spread 2–3 tablespoons of masa mixture in center. Top with 1–2 tablespoons of pork. Fold sides, top and bottom of husk toward center to enclose. Repeat process with remaining tamales.
- Bring a large pot of water to a gentle boil, arrange tamales in steamer basket and place basket 2-inches above water. Cover and steam 45–60 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve with remaining enchilada sauce.
250 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.