Pork Pozole is a delicious brothy soup that combines various seasonings, pork, chiles, and hominy to give you a mouth-watering Mexican-style meal.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 can (4 oz.) Schnucks diced green chiles
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked pork roast, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges to serve (optional)
- sliced radishes to serve (optional)
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium. Add onions and garlic and cook 3–4 minutes until translucent. Add cumin, chili powder and oregano; stir to coat. Stir in chiles, hominy, pork, broth and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool at room temperature 10–15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve with sliced radishes and lime wedges, if desired.
190 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.